Louisville Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping up the Body - January 23rd - Caern - Tellurian

2 posters

Go down

Keeping up the Body - January 23rd - Caern - Tellurian Empty Keeping up the Body - January 23rd - Caern - Tellurian

Post  DerekCase Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:51 pm

Devon was on guard duty again, not an uncommon occurence for a currently inactive ahroun. The wait didn't bother him much. Patience was one of the few good lessons his Glasswalker sept had taught him. Still, as he stared out across the pure wild bawn, he couldn't help but grow anxious. There hadn't been a fight, a battle of any sort for him in a while. So to keep his nerves in check, he found the closest large tree and quickly climbed to the top of it, jumped off, landed with a roll to his feet, and started again. All the while he counted his breaths, kept his heartrate steady, and kept an eye on the bawn.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Keeping up the Body - January 23rd - Caern - Tellurian Empty Re: Keeping up the Body - January 23rd - Caern - Tellurian

Post  Mr Speaks Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:16 pm

"Bouncy bouncy bouncy." From the trees a soft melodic voice floats.

A moment or two later a short and young looking girl walks through the treeline. Her skin carries a slightly creamy-dark tint to it, and she wears baggy loose fitting clothing, mix-matched and seemingly thrown together.

"This the bawn? It was not hard to find with all the noise your making?"
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Keeping up the Body - January 23rd - Caern - Tellurian Empty Re: Keeping up the Body - January 23rd - Caern - Tellurian

Post  DerekCase Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Devon drops from the branch he'd been climbing, and grins, sniffing the air. "Well, you must be a clever one. I didn't notice your arrival. I'm Devon and you must be?"
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:43 pm

"Tea. Luh." She says slowly, inunciating her name carefully.

She walks a bit closer and dips her head to him, reaching out her hand for a moment as if it were a paw.

"Walks the Night-Sky, Cliath Ragabash of the Silent Striders."
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Devon chuckles to himself as he takes her hand. "Ah, so you're just passing through? Need me to take you to the sept Alpha?" Devon laughs out loud as he steps back and brushes off his shirt.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:14 pm

She looks taken aback as he grabs her hand, then stumbles out a reply.

"Uhm, yes. He or the Beta?"
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:29 pm

With a thoughtful look, Devon smiles, "It's strange how everyone assumes the alpha is a male. I wonder why that is. Anyway, I don't know where the alpha is, but we can look for 'im."
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:41 pm

She tilts her head to the side slightly, "Isn't he for mutliple people or if you don't know what they are?"

Without really waiting for a responce she turned to walk away and looked back at him.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:45 pm

"Um... no. Are you a lupus?" Devon asked, looking excited as he started to follow.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:20 pm

"Yes....." She said as if expecting more?

She looked around the passing trees, memorizing their locations.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:26 pm

"No, it just answers a few questions, save for where are we going?" He said, growing mildly perplexed by this strange conversation.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:47 pm

"To the Alpha?"

She tilts her head softly to the side, "Do you know where to go?"
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Scrunching his eyebrows, "I think it's this way." He says, pointing to the heart of the center of the caern.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:39 pm

"Alright," She responded tentatively.

Speaks will be found near the heart speaking another man. Shoulder length dark hair, mildly pale skin, wearing a suit. Very confident air about him.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:44 pm

Devon nudges Teela and points to the alpha as they approach. "That's him. We should probably wait until he's done."
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:02 pm

"I appreciate your interest in the sept, and I'd love to have you with us. But I fear I cannot offer you anything beyond rank in here. We currently have too many of lower rank to fill the positions." Speaks says addressing the stranger.

"Yes I understand," He says in a sly, almost condescending sounding voice, "but doesn't that leave you weakened? A relatively small sept with no offices and stretched across two caerns?"

"Yes, your correct. This other caern falling into our protection wasn't necessarily a problem before, but with my Beta recently taking leave to fight, well yes. We are a bit stretched. Which is why I put out the call. I don't expect to get back good responses at all, I doubt any of the various Fera groups will respond to my call, and any sept that actually decides to hear my call either will not believe it, or will respond violently perhaps. The Fera just are not ready yet to admit the we are so far deep that we need to bond together, and the Garou refuse it even more so." Speaks' temper starts to raise.

"Yes, I understand. It doesn't help that you are a Gurahl, the Garou still don't believe that your people are alive. And those that hold it as possibility feel hatred towards you. Though, of course I guess you have the support of the Children of Gaia, and some other tribes that just know of the Healer legends, instead of the....other legends."

"Which legend do you favor Alex?" Speaks asks flatly.

"I don't think of you as a corpse raising monster, I didn't live the past so I don't know what happened, or why the War of Rage was fought. I just understand what war we fight now."

Speaks stares at him blankly for a few moments, "Then tell me, how can we convince the rest of your people? Anthelios is in the sky. The Pure "perfect" Metis has been born. And what of the prophecies?"

"The Prophecies of the Pheonix, well, it could be said that a few of the signs have been shown. Our population is lowering, the humans are over populated," He thinks for a moment trying to remember more, but is interrupted by Speaks.

"Then the famine, the great plume above the forest. The sea of black. It's all happened, I've seen it but can't really put word to it."

Alex raises an eyebrow, "I don't know of these others."

"Do you know of the 13th sign? And what it entails?"

Alex looks startled, but slowly nods looking away. Not willing to see Speaks' eyes. He notices the two on comers.

"Well, we're not alone anymore."

Speaks looks over at the two, "Hello Devon.....," he says sounding worried, almost nervous, "who do you have there?"
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:47 am

"This is Teela. She wanted to see you." Devon says, nodding respectfully.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:19 pm

Speaks stares blankly at Devon for a moment and then turns his gaze on Teela, which she jumps nervously at.

"Well?"

She steps forward slightly, "I am Teela Walks the Night-sky, Silent Strider Lupus Ragabash."

"Well, welcome, make yourself at home then," Speaks says irritated"

He then turns back to the other man muttering, "More low ranks.."
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:16 pm

"Devon," Speaks said suddenly, "you know of all of the Glasswalkers in the city? Why haven't they come, would they have any reason?"
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Devon thought on that for a moment, before speaking without meeting Speaks' gaze. "Well, I don't know much. I had only just made it to claith when I was sent here, but I do know that there was a culling of the leeches and the changing spiders in the city that wasn't because of them. It's rocked the status quo to splinters, and there's been fighting ever since as the leeches and wyrmthings jockey for position over their dead." Looking up at Speaks' finally, "It's been a rough year for the Glasswalkers in Louisville. I don't think we'll be getting too much help from their side, and as I hear it, the Bonegnawers have had it worse."

(really just thought of all of that. consequences of our actions and all that)
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Devon thought on that for a moment, before speaking without meeting Speaks' gaze. "Well, I don't know much. I had only just made it to claith when I was sent here, but I do know that there was a culling of the leeches and the changing spiders in the city that wasn't because of them. It's rocked the status quo to splinters, and there's been fighting ever since as the leeches and wyrmthings jockey for position over their dead." Looking up at Speaks' finally, "It's been a rough year for the Glasswalkers in Louisville. I don't think we'll be getting too much help from their side, and as I hear it, the Bonegnawers have had it worse."

(really just thought of all of that. consequences of our actions and all that)
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Speaks nods, "Yes, I had something to do with that. The vampires were causing too much trouble, so we dealt with them."

"Do you know of anything else of interest?"
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:01 am

Devon stared dumbfounded for a moment before studdering, "N-no, not really."
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:06 am

"I understand...."

He considers Devon for a few moments, "Alright."

Then he turns back and continues his conversation.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down