In Dreams - Carry

Go down

In Dreams - Carry

Post  DerekCase on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:33 am

Carry is walking through the west end. She doesn't quite remember for how long or how she got there. The delapidated houses shudder in the warm wind, the distant smell of sewage rises from the Ohio. As far as she tell, she's alone. The houses are unlit, the streetlamps glow softer than they should be. Not quite sure why, she turns down an alleyway. It deadends at the rear entrance of an abandoned store. The rusted, once-blue door opens with a loud creak, and a man steps out. His face is riddled with pock marks, his teeth are rotten and black. is gait is jagged and twitchy. He wears a tattered black coat, patckwork leggings and a crooked, menacing smile.
"Hello, Carry."
avatar
DerekCase
Storyteller

Posts : 321
Join date : 2008-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In Dreams - Carry

Post  Mouse on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:36 am

Carry blinks and looks around, unsure of what is going on.  She looks at the man, confusion flickering over her face.

She turns to look at the man as he says her name, and her brow furrows.  "Who are you?  How do you know my name?"

((Sense wyrm))

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: In Dreams - Carry

Post  DerekCase on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:01 am

As Carry reaches into her spirit, she's dumbfounded. Her connection to Gaia (gnosis, shifting, connection to the umbra, all gofts) isn't there. The familiar embrace of her awe-inspiring complexity and depth is gone, and for the first time, the world is as small as her senses can reach. She is alone.
 "You don't remember me?" His grin widens to wrap around the sides of his face as his arms drips off his body and dissolves into the ground. His voice sounds familiar, the noise drowned by so many fevered screams in her dreams. "Here, I had thought to have made an impression."
avatar
DerekCase
Storyteller

Posts : 321
Join date : 2008-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In Dreams - Carry

Post  Mouse on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:06 am

Carry takes a step back, her heart beginning to race as she realizes her connection to Gaia had been severed somehow.  She struggles to remain calm, or at the very least, unafraid.

"You." she spits angrily.  "Why the fuck did you bring me here?  Though, I guess I should be thankful, because now I can kill you."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: In Dreams - Carry

Post  DerekCase on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:14 am

The figure sneers, one side of his face droops grotesquely before bubbling back into place. "And how would you set about doing that? No one is heeere to help you, to pro-tect yoou." He laughs, an oozing, gurgling sound. "All that hate, all that raaage in such an impotent little form. What strength have you, one even the devourer would not touch?"
His body jerks and shifts imperceptibly closer. "You are not fit to be of the wild, of the all motherrr. Yours is the lowliest breed of the most wret-ched caste. Born to be repulsed, reviiiled. Even your own have deemed you un-fit for their title. Settle the, as only the dregggs know how to set-tle."
avatar
DerekCase
Storyteller

Posts : 321
Join date : 2008-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In Dreams - Carry

Post  Mouse on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Carry's shoulders slumped slightly at the fomroi's words.  He was right.  She was alone.  Without her pack, or even Momma Rat to help her now. How did she expect to get out of this alive?  Would the others come looking for her when she didn't come back to the park?


Then, something dawns on her, and a growl of fury leaves her.  "That is where you are wrong, Wyrm scum!  I may be a metis, but my sept loves me, and my people saw me fit to live even when I should have died.  I am Gnaws-the-Pipe, Adren Ahroun of the Bone Gnawers, and I am Speaks with Stars, Adren Galliard of the Bone Gnawers.  My tribe saw me fit to start new and live again, and I have, with everything in me.  If that means that I die fighting you alone, then so be it, because even if you kill me here, I will be remembered by them forever."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: In Dreams - Carry

Post  DerekCase on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:25 am

The scene darkens, the alleyway disappears but the figure doesn't move. The smells of the city fall away, replaced by something rank and fetid. The world is an infinite darkness, making the figure bolder and more striking. Then, in the vast expanse of black, images play larger than life. Scenes of metis children left out to starve, of the homeless rotting away in their filth, of garou clawing away at their weak offspring. They play across centuries by the thousands.
"AND WHAT EXACTLY WILL THEY REMEMBER YOU FOR?" His words come as a compilation of hundreds or thousands of voices wailing in pain.
The images across the universe change. They begin to depict images from her life. They are of her cold and alone on the street. Humans walk by, disgust and contempt evident in their faces. They are of her as a crinos child, holding her knees for warmth against the cool concrete floor. They are of old, half-heard conversations between her elders. They are frustrated, anxious or hateful. Then, scenes of her and a lover, his distress as she leaves for battle. Scenes of her screaming in pain that the hands of fomor, of banes, of black spiral dancers, dozens of near death experiences, of pained expressions in her companions, of fighters slowing in battle to not leave her behind.
avatar
DerekCase
Storyteller

Posts : 321
Join date : 2008-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In Dreams - Carry

Post  Mouse on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:34 am

Carry shrinks back away from the voice, wanting nothing more in that moment than the familiar feel of her breed form to protect her.  Stuck in homid, without teeth or claw to protect herself with, she was useless.

She watched the scenes of her life pass by her. The unapproving scowl of her father, the hurtful words of her Garou peers, the gathering of elders that she was so certain would be the end of her life.  She saw Eli, begging her to let him do the fighting, and she just stick to telling stories.  

Carry looked to the fomori, her voice much smaller now.  "They will remember me as a bringer of new times.  A time where all of those who walk with Gaia band together in the fight to save her.  They will remember me as the one who rose above her birth and became something great.  They will remember me for my kindness, for my leadership, for my bravery, and for my strength.  Most importantly though, they will remember me for my stories."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: In Dreams - Carry

Post  DerekCase on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:46 am

The scene breaks again, and the two of them are standing on the hill somewhere overlooking a forest. It is cold and wet. The man is standing behind her, hands on her shoulders, voice in her ear. "They will remember your violaation of their litany, your transgression and your weaknesss. They will rememmber you for poisoning themmm."

His hands dig into her skin which begins to bubble and dissolve away agonizingly. Carry screams.

She wakes.
avatar
DerekCase
Storyteller

Posts : 321
Join date : 2008-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In Dreams - Carry

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum