Ruins - Iroquois Park

Go down

Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:30 am

Carry - Homid

Carry paused under the charred remains of a tree, taking a moment to run a hand softly across the dead wood before looking before her.

The field was a strange sight to behold. Charred and broken trees littered a field long since recovered by the ever present grass and wildflowers. Squirrels darted across to scurry up blackened logs and stare down at Carry, chittering menacingly.

Ignoring the squirrels, Carry took a few steps forward, before seeming to slump to the ground. She sat there, staring blankly out across the field.

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:40 am

A familiar man with long black hair walks down a trail a few hundred feet away. He fiddles with a small clothes packet between his fingers.

"Can't do shit without time it seems....." He mutters.

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:44 am

Carry remains oblivious to the man at first, her hands running through the new grass gently. She lifts her head after a moment though, and notices him. Recognition comes over her face, and she opens her mouth to say something, and then shuts it again, remaining quiet. She watches the man from her seat on the ground, not particularly trying to hide, but not making herself known quite yet either.

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:54 am

He walks to a tree and stares at for a moment before tapping his packet to the tree and starts to talk to it, though too softly to hear.

He shakes his head slightly and mutters, "too weak still."

He looks about waiting until no walkers are near and then walks around behind the tree and steps sideways, seeming to disappear.

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:59 am

Carry stands and runs over to where the man was, taking a moment to look around before shifting to lupus and sidestepping.

Once one the other side, she turns on the man, a light growl coming out of her. She stares down the man, tensed and ready to leap.

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:08 am

Micheal is bent over gently talking to a small glade children, holding the packet it's head he appaears to be giving it gnosis. Upon hearing the growl the glade childen panic's and dives back into it's tree.

Micheal calmly looks at the wolf, "ah.... Tarynn? I think?"

He stands up straight, "I'm unarmed."

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:15 am

Carry growls for a moment more, before using her rage to shift to Homid. She stares at Michael suspiciously. "You're a mage. You're never unarmed." she says. "And no. I'm Carry. What are you doing here? Why are you in the umbra, and here of all places?"

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:25 am

He shrugs, nodding slightly at her statement.

"Well, I was feeding a Glade Child. They were ravaged so much before, I want to see them grow back."

He stares at her for a moment, "Why are you here? You hold no ties to this land anymore, not since they raped it."

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:32 am

"You mean since your kind raped it." she grumbled, and then shook her head. "I...needed to come see it again. To remind myself, I guess. Keep it fresh in my mind until we catch and take care of those responsible. We..." she pauses, taking a breath. "We failed here, and thus we need to keep it fresh in our heads. Or at least I do. Keep focused."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:05 am

He raises an eyebrow at her, "I'll admit that my kind did it when you admit that the Dancers are 'your' kind."

He then shrinks back a bit, "yea.... I understand. I've spent this last year trying my damndest to get leads on this. But they are just too good at what they do. I can't even find a trace. I've tried asking the spirits, but most haven't even come out of Slumber yet."

He slumps back against the tree.

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Carry remains silent for a moment, staring at the ground.

"Is there..." she hesitates. "Is there anything I can do to help? I'm not a theurge, but I'll still do what I can."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:37 pm

"I'm not sure. The problem is that the people who did this devoutly believe that they a normal people. You would figure that would make them mess up and leave traces, but it doesn't. Everything they do is so subtle, it has to be to reinforce their beliefs. To them its just science, and science can be cleaned up."

"Besides, I think they had help. But I'm not sure from what," he says, "so it may be easier to try and find out what helped them, and what connections they have with it."

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Carry looks up at Michael, confused. "Wait, so they are mages, but they don't think they are doing magic? That doesn't make any sense." She frowns. "Then again, you don't make much sense either, being able to sidestep and shift, even though you are just kinfolk."

She shrugs. "Well, if you do think of something you need help with, I'll be around, and I'm willing to do whatever. Anything to figure out those responsible for this mess, and to bring them to justice."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:18 pm

"I have to live up to my bloodline you know," he says with a grin, "just you wait, I'm just a step away from figuring out how to shift to Crinos. I already have Glabro down."

He then looks around, his moment of levity gone, "I'm really not a good planner, I have no clue how to go about figuring out who or what did this. If only Mia were still around, she could figure it out."

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Carry let a small smile creep over her face at Michael's excitement, but then went serious again.

"Mia was the girl like you, who...skipped or something, right?" Carry asked, making a face, and then she shook her head.

"Someone in the caern has got to have the resources, and they just don't realize it. I need to talk to my pack, and at least get them kicked into motion. It's inexcusable that we have been sitting around like we have."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:42 am

"Skipped? Like frolick?"

"I can only hope so, I've lost all contacts with my old group. Its just me and Kae now...."

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:48 pm

"No. Like a scratched DVD. It was like she was lagging with herself." Carry made a face.

"Were there a lot of you to begin with?"

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:35 am

"Not a lot, no. Maybe eight. They got themselves involved in some pretty messed up shit though. We got the hell out of dodge. Now I think their all gone."

He looks off in the distance, "mia was a master with Time. That's why she seemed off. If she were here...."

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:37 pm

"Master of...time?" Carry says, her brow furrowing.  She mumbled something under her breath.  "So she could like, go to the future?"

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:23 am

"No, the future isn't yet, so going to it isn't within our capabilities. I've heard tales that some time master can go to the past, but not very safely. Perhaps thats the realm of arch-masters," he stops looking thoughtful. 


"I really shouldn't be telling you these things. I just have a hard time distinguishing that your aren't awakened. I mean by bloodlines you agree as much my family as they are. You must promise not to speak openly of these things."

He fidgets with the packet in his hand.

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:44 am

Carry nods.  "I have no desire to share your secrets kid." she says with a chuckle.  "Though, to be honest, you sharing this information goes a long way towards me, and by proxy the rest of the sept, trusting you.  You know enough of our lore to know why we are normally wary of 'namebreakers'."

She looks at Michael seriously.  "I, though, believe that the fact that we are a Unity caern extends outside of our changing brothers and sisters and to all beings who fight for the good of Gaia."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:01 am

He chuckles, "namebreakers.... Yea. It's a justifiable name, Not entirely correct. We have nine spheres of influence, only 3 could be said to fall within the Weavers domain. So, if I were to manipulate a rock then I would have to shatter it's name. But to guide the fire, or to toss some fire I'm just drawing from what's already there and guiding it. No.... there's something more to it, I don't think reality is entirely a construct of the names the Weaver gave to everyone. It's more, sometimes like a living being, other times like an amalgamation of the opinions and beliefs of all living things."

He pauses, "you know, back the old old old days, when kings and knights roamed the earth, we were great wizards. We could call lightning and change men into beast or visa-versa. Without the Wevaer or reality fighting back. It just was. Now though, somethings different. I don't think it's fully spiritual. Reality has calcified. Now it doesn't like being changed."


He shakes his head, "anyways.... You were saying something about the Caern? Unity Caern? I haven't heard of that before."

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:06 am

Carry nods slightly, doing her best to not look confused.  "So it would be easier for you to take a lighter and make a fireball, then for you to just make a fireball?"

At the mention of the caern, she nods.  "Yes.  Cherokee Caern is a caern of Unity.  I had never heard of them either, until here, and several others seemed surprised by it as well."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mr Speaks on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:56 am

"Easier, yes a bit. But these are thoughts of one much younger than me. I'm mostly passed the point of tossing fire."

"What does it mean? To have a Unity Caern pop up in the city after the destruction of another?"

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Mouse on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:03 pm

"If you are past tossing fire, than what can you do?  I mean, obviously you can shift...sorta." Carry makes a face.  "And you can make that...sound.  Whatever it was when those other namebr...mages...attacked us."

Carry falls silent for a moment, looking contemplative.  "As for why a Unity Caern, I don't know.  I think it's a message personally.  A very in-your-face message that it's time to grow up and work together."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruins - Iroquois Park

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum