Voices - Old Louisville

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mouse on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:36 pm

The day was hot and humid, and it seemed that the choking air kept most everyone inside and in the air conditioning. It made Central Park a great place for a midday nap, and Carry was taking advantage of the quiet by doing just that.

She lay sprawled out on the top of the stage, hands behind her head, and eyes closed, lost in her dreams. Occasionally, she would twitch slightly, or mumble gently under her breath.

Quite suddenly though, her eyes burst open, and she sat up, looking quite startled. Her hands began to shake, and Carry had to take several deep breaths in order to calm herself down. She looked around, and then shook her head as if trying to clear it.

"I don't know what the fuck you are," she said angrily to seemingly no one. "but you need to get out of my head."

She stood, and brushed bits of crumpled leaves off of her shorts before taking a moment to look around. She stood rather stiffly, as if tense and ready for a fight.

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Gh0st on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 am

Ghost was wandering around the Caren, taping around on his cell phone. He was organizing designs and figuring out plans for how different spirits might interact with different objects for the purposes of creating talens for the moment and fetishes in the future. He still needed to learn some rites to fufil his purpose, and knew that if he could just see them he would be able to pick them up, but such opprotunities had yet to present themselves.

His attention was called back to the mortal coil from the other side of some brush. He felt his spiritual tie to gaia flow through his body and a moment later he burst through the brush in the from of a adolecent wolf, growling at whatever the threat was.

Gh0st

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mouse on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:41 pm

((She's not at the caern - she's at Central Park))

Carry turned quickly, a low growl escaping her throat as she heard something burst from the bushes. When she saw the wolf, she calmed slightly, recognizing Ghost.

She climbed down from the top of the stage and walked over to the creature. She rested one hand on his head, taking a minute to look around to see if anyone was nearby. Noticing a man walking towards them with a dog, she kneeled down, and gently pet Ghost.

"How did you get out of the house, boy?" she asked somewhat loudly, trying to keep her voice calm. "Did you come looking for me?" she forced a chuckle. "Come on Ghost, let's head back home."

She stood, smiling to the man as he past, and began to walk towards the road, motioning for Ghost to follow. Once they were out of earshot, she frowned and looked down at her friend.

"It's dangerous for you to be out here like this." she grumbled. "What if someone called the police?"

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  DarkWanderer on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:09 am

In the tree above the pair sat Arcos, quietly kicking his feet as he watched them draw closer. He had come to this park in hopes of avoiding the wolves for a day or two but he knew he should have known better. After all, this was a somewhat peaceful area in the city and the other members of the caern must surely take advantage of it as well.

As Carry spoke, the corax could not help but smirk at them, taking secret delight in the fact that he wasn't the one being scolded this time. She was absolutely justified though, as a wolf wandering about Central Park would be sure to raise a few eyebrows.

"My thoughts exactly," he called down to them, his condescending smirk still present, "Except that it would be the pound being called, not the police. We would have to get his tags and everything in hopes of seeing him again."

Not sure if they found his dry sense of humor funny in the slightest, Arcos swung from the branches and landed skillfully on his feet next to them. "But all joking aside, I think he could pass for a dog if we got him a leash and collar. Though I imagine that would feel demeaning, wouldn't you agree?"

DarkWanderer

Posts : 33
Join date : 2013-05-14
Age : 29

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com/u30contact

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mouse on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:46 am

Carry's eyes darted upwards at the sound of a voice, and scowled as Arcos swung down to join them. "You're no better." she said sharply, before digging into one of her pockets. After a moment she pulled out a ball of crumpled paper. She unwrapped it, revealing the half eaten remains of a sub sandwich. She took a large bite and continued to walk, motioning for the two to follow her.

"You need to learn when to speak and when to whisper." Carry says around a mouthful of sandwich. She swallows, and then turns to look at Arcos, walking backwards for a moment. "I know its hard for your kind, but there is such a thing as a time to be quiet."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Happy on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Windy was sitting on a bench reading nearby, looks up seeing his sept mates walks over to join them.

"Hey Carry, how are you today?" He reaches down and pats Ghost on the head, as a giggles a little. "...and who's a good boy, you are."
avatar
Happy

Posts : 177
Join date : 2009-02-26
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/navaldrummerboy

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mouse on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Carry turns around to see Windy, and while she does brighten up a little, she still scowls. "I swear! We can't get three of us together in the same place at the same time, unless one of us isn't home apparently!"

She shakes her head. "I've been better."

_________________
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Mouse
Nine Toes

Posts : 428
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://fortuneslanding.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Happy on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:38 pm

He smiles. "Been better? Anything I can do to help?"
avatar
Happy

Posts : 177
Join date : 2009-02-26
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/navaldrummerboy

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  mars_hackworth on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:46 pm

Whispers was walking back to the area she was landscaping this week after her lunch break. She decided to cut through Central Park to take in the children's laughter by the tennis courts and maybe pet the rare brave pup if she came across one. As she wandered (I have plenty of time to get back, no rush, she assures herself) Whisper thought she caught a bit of voices on the air...kind of familiar...sounds like just over this little hill...
Cresting the hill, she found exactly what she expected. There were her sept mates!
Whispers takes off running and jumps to a stop next to them, giggling.


Last edited by mars_hackworth on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

mars_hackworth

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mr Speaks on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Two men walk down the path towards the stage, one of them particularly familiar looking to Camille.

"I assure you Gary. It was Gary, correct? I assure you Gary that you are moving in the right direction with your set design."

He looks at the stage, "why see look, its already attracting the neighborhood children."

He pauses as he notices Camille, "oh, imagine that. If you'll excuse me Gary, I know one of these kids."

He then walks off towards Camille with a pleasant smile on his face.


(the man is a long feature attractive male wearing designer shirt and jeans. To Camille same description as before.)

"It's Jeff...... My names Jeff......"


Last edited by Mr Speaks on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  mars_hackworth on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:52 pm

Whispers greets her friends by name, genuine smile showing the whole time.
"I'm glad I get to see you guys before I go back to work. So what's up, are you all doing important cairn missions or something?"

mars_hackworth

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mr Speaks on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:07 am

John stands back about ten feet, being respectful of their conversation. Then shortly afterwards he sits in one of the chair in the front row, watching them as if they were an interesting show.

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  mars_hackworth on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 am

[Assume the conversation continues and it's not very exciting to Whispers anymore]

Her sept mates had given her casual answers and nothing seemed to be going on. Moods weren't very bright between some of them and Whispers got a little distracted by the sunlight dappling the grass, then the sunlight through the leaves...then the leaves themselves. Her gaze runs down the lines of the trees and stage, over to the rows of concrete benches.
A man is sitting there in front, was he there before? She squints a little, and then a smile breaks over her face again.
"John!" she calls out to him as she walks over to talk. Stopping in front of him, she reaches out and kind of thumps his shoulder cordially. "Nice day, isn't it?"

mars_hackworth

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mr Speaks on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:24 am

"Delightful my dear," he says while standing for a hug.

"What brings you so far from home?"

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  mars_hackworth on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:42 am

Embracing him snugly, she says, "I was just on my way back to work when I ran into some friends. I need to head back before too long, but I have a few minutes to chat."
Whispers takes a step back and slips her hands into her back pockets. "Are you just out enjoying the sun, or are you working too?"

mars_hackworth

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mr Speaks on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:48 am

"Work? Oh no no no, I don't do that. Just here to advise and inspire. Good old Gary. Would be lost without me," He laughs and shakes his head.

John sits back down and crossing his legs.

"Your friends seem a bit, flustered. Also the vagabond's dog seems a bit agitated."

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  mars_hackworth on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:56 am

Whispers looks over her shoulder at them. They seem to be just talking, but anyone could tell by their faces they weren't having a good time about it. Ghost, in lupus, actually seems like a confused dog. She chuckles a little.
"They have concerns and things to take care of. I don't like to worry about things when I'm at work though, I can catch up on what's going on later. So uh...what exactly are you trying to inspire around here? Everything seems fine as it is, to me at least." She gestures broadly at the park.


Last edited by mars_hackworth on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one word)

mars_hackworth

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mr Speaks on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:03 am

"Oh! There's always much to inspire. There's a man over there drawing a tree, oh and this stage. Shakespeare. The Bard. Good man, that's worth inspiration. This is a good area for inspiration."

He looks about and then points, "look, a child chasing a butterfly. He could be a future artist. Now he's caught it! How delightful. Oh dear.... Now he's eating it... Nevermind."

He looks back at the stage, "Shakespeare!"

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  mars_hackworth on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:08 am

Whispers hides some of her laughter so the mother of the butterfly eater doesn't notice them watching. "Ya know, they don't taste good at all. The true test for this kid is whether or not he eats another one. He could still be an artist...or one of those bug collectors, sticking pins through thoraxes for the rest of his life."

She turns to consider the stage again. "I've never been around when they put on shows. Does it happen often? I'd love to see some Shakespeare live."

mars_hackworth

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mr Speaks on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:12 am

John looks at her with a serious face for several moments, "you've eaten a butterfly? Who would do that?"

He shakes his head, "oh they do this yearly. And Rocky Horror. It's great. I was Rocky once.... I think."

He puts his hands on his knees, "So! How have you been? Staying safe?"

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  mars_hackworth on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:24 am

"A young girl has much to be curious about when left to her own devices John. You know that. But like I said, the true test is if the action is repeated. I only did it once and regret it to this day. Dandelion stems too, in case you ever wondered. The petals are okay though." She shoves his arm playfully.
"I've been pretty safe. Went to a bad neighborhood recently to take care of some business, took some friends with me though so it stayed...safe." She ponders for a moment how close to dying they had all been that night, but continues smiling brightly and pushes the idea away. Plenty of time to mull it over when her fingers were back in the dirt.
"Actually, since I last talked to you I had some friends move in at my house. You could, ya know...still come over for tea, or something with a little more oomph next time. You didn't even get to have biscuits with me so now I owe you a meal."
Whispers shuffles a little and slides her hands into her front pockets.

mars_hackworth

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mr Speaks on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:29 am

"Oh. Yes of course. You set a date and I'll stop by possibly on that day. Or maybe another."

"Do you have room for more people? Seemed like a bit of a slight house."

He leans back in his chair and crosses his arms, posture seeming concerned but face still displaying a pleasant smile.

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  mars_hackworth on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:35 am

"The kitchen is bigger than it looks. Especially when everyone is in a good mood. Promise. How about in like 3 days. I don't know what got them all ruffled," she continues, jerking a thumb at her friends, "but I wouldn't want to make plans with you if I might have to help take care of something." She leans a little closer, grinning. "So you're not a vegetarian are you? I can't make much of anything without meat in it."

mars_hackworth

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Mr Speaks on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:41 am

"Vegetarian? Oh dear no, never touch the stuff," He says with grimace.

"You know what would be nice? Some fish and chips and custard. Hmm, never had it before, but it sounds pleasant."

He leans forward abruptly, "oh, did I ever tell you that me and my associates own a night club? You really must come by at some point, you could probably use some relaxation. Some loud, colorful, flashy, dancing relaxation."

_________________
Bears beat Battlestar Galactica.

Nobody knows what the Cow is for, and it's not telling.
avatar
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Posts : 582
Join date : 2008-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  mars_hackworth on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:50 am

"Ya know, that kind of relaxation is right up my alley. What's it called again?"
Before John can answer, Whispers pulls out a cell phone and glances at it. "Aw crap! I'll have to run halfway to the site now. My hyacinth are probably wilting already..."
She reaches out and snatches John into her arms, a quick squeeze, then turns and jogs off muttering, "Gonna have to talk them up again....a little extra water...hope they didn't come back early..."

mars_hackworth

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Voices - Old Louisville

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum