Louisville Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coyote Pack meeting.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coyote Pack meeting.  Empty Coyote Pack meeting.

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Liam sits at his house awaiting the arrival of Whispers and Ally. The smell of the lamb stew fills the house, traditional Irish soda bread sits in a basket in the center of the table. Celtic flute music plays from a stereo in the corner.
Happy
Happy

http://www.myspace.com/navaldrummerboy

Back to top Go down

Coyote Pack meeting.  Empty Re: Coyote Pack meeting.

Post  Nox Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 pm

A knock is heard at the door. A moment later, Alli steps inside.

"It smells great in here, Liam. What are you making?" she asks as she closes the door behind her. She's dressed simply in jeans and a jacket, usual green bandana on her head, though no backpack over her shoulder today.

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Liam meets Ally in the study and leads here into the dinning area. He is dressed in blue and black flow pants and his black vest with two silver throwing axes sheathed on the back.

"Hello there Ally. That's the lamb stew, though it's not quite down. There is soda bread and whiskey on the table. How are you today?"

Last edited by Happy on Wed May 15, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Wed May 15, 2013 9:33 pm

She follows him to the dining area, glancing around as they walk. Once in the dining room, she takes a bit of the soda bread and tears off a small piece.

"I'm doing well, and yourself?"

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 9:36 pm

He grabs a glass of the table and pours some Jameson into it. He takes a drink before glancing to Ally.

"I'm doing very well, I feel almost giddy with anticipation. Tell me, what does being apart of a pack mean to you?"
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Wed May 15, 2013 9:47 pm

She pauses a moment, chewing on some bread as she considers her answer.

"We as werewolves all share a bond as brothers and sisters, and as you break down ino tribes and septs between the whole of us, that bond grows stronger. A pack is one of the strongest bonds between your brethren that you can get, and being a part of a pack means something more than just sharing blood. A pack is trust, in your pack mates and your alpha. It is being a part of a whole and as an individual, playing your role in that pack to the fullest extent to make sure that it functions properly. It is following the word of you alpha and trusting that they know what they're doing when they give you those orders. It is knowing your pack mates as well as you know yourself and working as a team with them."

Alli had been staring at the floor as she spoke, fiddling nervously with the bread she held. She glances at him, then flushes slightly and moves to make her own drink. "At least, that's what I believe it means."

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Liam downs his glass before grabbing the whiskey and filling it back up. He takes another drink before looking up at Ally and smiling.

"I couldn't have said it better myself you have a great head on your shoulders you should hold it up proudly. The more and more I talk with those around here, the better I feel about being so far away from hom- *he pauses* were I was born."
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Alli returns his smile, feeling relieved, and takes a drink of her own glass.

"Do you not consider where you were born to be home?" she asks, addressing the slip in his words as she sits down at the table and tears off some more bread.

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 pm

He looks down and twirls the cross around his neck, before looking back to Ally.

"I was born and raised in Ireland, though my home is here with my sept, my pack, my family. I should probably stir the stew a bit, it should be done in a little while" He takes another drink.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Wed May 15, 2013 10:25 pm

A few quick, hard raps at the door are heard, the sound not even gone before the door swings open. "Sorry I'm running a little behind, I had som-...aw crap..." The door shuts again. A very formal 5-beat knock is heard after a few seconds.

And some impatient foot tapping begins precisely three seconds later.

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Liam looks at Whispers, then the closed door and giggles slightly. He rushes to the door.

"Whispers it's good to see you, the stew is almost ready, please come in have some whiskey and soda bread."
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Wed May 15, 2013 10:37 pm

"Oh thank Gaia! Food! Actual real food! These people Liam, they don't know how to eat, like really eat. Don't mind if I do..." Whispers immediately makes herself at home, glancing around the house as she strides after Liam to the table. She plops down, if one could be said to plop gracefully that was what she did and at the last words slides a glass towards herself and brings in the Jameson. She seems to take joy in opening it, sniffing gently and then watching gleefully as it poured smoothly into the glass. She sighs. "You can only imagine how long it has been since I've been able to partake in such luxury!" Whispers raises her glass to Ally and then Liam, not waiting long for a response before slugging half of the liquid and emitting a very pleased moan.

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 10:42 pm

He smiles and raises his glass before drinking more. "Indeed, my ma taught me to cook, so we will never be without good home cooking. So I already asked Ally, Could you tell me what being apart of a pack means to you? He sits down at the table and pours another glass of whiskey.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Wed May 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Breaking out the big questions to start off, I see, Whispers thinks to herself. Jump right in then.
"To be a part of a pack, to me it means trust, camaraderie, support, respect....You have to know your place in the world. A lot of times in our society it's just spelled out for you, in terms of who is better and how far down the ladder you are. It's easy to get lost or left out if you don't have a pack...I know for a fact, because I have been without since before I got here. So in a pack, instead of just being behind others who are stronger or older or fought harder, your place in the world is beside your pack mates. I know there will be times I have to stand behind you or you," she indicates both fellow Garou, "or have to stand up to or in the way of one of you. But that's not as important, to me at least, as working together, making sure we are each strong and all together strong."
Whispers pauses to take a big sip and leans in across the table, grin spreading as she tries to keep a somber tone, "I have a feeling we will become very close, very strong and do our part to strike down the Wyrms minions when it's our turn."
She finishes her drink and pours another.

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Liam strokes his beard and finishes his drink, before pouring another. "I am very pleased by both of your answers and I am really happy your both here." He goes to the kitchen and returns with another bottle of Jameson and 3 bowls of Stew. He hands them out before sitting down and taking a bite. "I have asked you both here tonight for two reasons. The first, an invitation to the both of you, I have plenty of room here and as a pack we should live together."
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Wed May 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Whispers moves uncomfortably in her chair, trying to hide it by taking another deep swig of whiskey.
As she sets her glass down she nods slightly to herself. "I don't disagree--I think we should live together as a pack, as Gaia intended us to." More shifting uncomfortably before meeting Liams eyes directly. "But does it have to be here? Precisely? I mean, I own a house...might not be as big as this but it's several bedrooms and I don't use much of it...see the thing is, it was kind of a gift from my kinfolk back where I grew up." Her eyebrows scrunch together, she is struggling both to not lash out at the suggestion that she leave her house and to keep from getting angry. He just made an inquiry, not an order Whispers. She finally smooths out her brow and sits a little more relaxed, hoping it didn't look like what it was.

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 11:23 pm

"No we do not have to live here. Anywhere there is room is fine, preferably close to the caern." He smiles at whispers before finishing his glass and pouring another. Liam finishes his stew. "Save room for dessert, There is a chocolate Guinness cake in the fridge."
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Wed May 15, 2013 11:39 pm

A huge smile breaks across Whispers face. Whether relief, gratefulness or for chocolate she doesn't reveal. She picks up her bowl and noisily devours the remaining stew there. She glances sheepishly at Ally and Liam before setting it back down, turning her head to wipe her mouth and chin. "Ya ever wonder about the phrase 'wolf down'? I have, it used to make me laugh as a kid. Kinfolk in the village used to say it occasionally when we kids were being particularly gluttonous and then they'd look around to see if anyone caught offense to it." Whispers chuckles lightly and moves to take her bowl to the kitchen, "Can I help in here, bring out plates, ogle the cake?"

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Wed May 15, 2013 11:48 pm

"Yes please bring in the plates, and we can get started on dessert." He opens the cabinet with plates in it, and then grabs the cake and heads back to the table and serves it to each of them, before taking another drink.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Wed May 15, 2013 11:56 pm

She grabs a few plates and hurries back in, sliding plates up to her new pack mates and then into her chair before the first piece is cut.
Looking up at Liam, and over at Ally, Whispers can only continue smiling at all the coming together the universe seems to have done for her lately. Starting with a weird assignment to answer a cairn call and somehow bringing her into a new pack, not as an outsider but as one of the root members.
"So Ally, how soon do you think it'll be before we start gossiping and painting each others claws?" Whispers jokes, digging into the most decadent thing she has seen in months.

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Thu May 16, 2013 1:43 am

Alli remained quiet through dinner, mostly because she was unsure of what to say or add to the conversation. Then Liam mentioned moving in to his place. Leave her apartment? Well, it would save on rent and other expenses, at least.

She contemplated her answer as she ate the stew, then as the cake came out. Only when she was addressed by Camille did she look up from her ruminations.

"Hah, no telling. I haven't really had problems gettin along with others before, and it already seems like I'm going to like you both. Besides, if I'm going to end up living here or be spending a lot of time around you both, it would be a good idea to make the best of it. But I'll only paint nails if there's a cheesy romance movie playing in the background," she says with a laugh. He takes a bite of the cake, and then takes a minute to exclaim how good it was.

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Thu May 16, 2013 3:43 am

Liam takes a drink and laughs. "Definitely have to paint your claws in crinos." He finishes his cake and looks at his pack mates. "So now for the second reason I have asked you here. I was born with and raised by the same pack for all of my life. Trust is something I believe is earned, and always expect the worst. You two are my pack mates, so I feel it is your business to know something about me." He looks down for a second before looking back at both of them. "Though you have to promise not to tell the rest of the sept, I will tell them when the time is right." He looks impatiently to both of them for a response.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Thu May 16, 2013 4:01 am

Alli raises a brow. Something he didn't want the rest of the sept to know? Everyone has their secrets. She nods. "You have my word, both as your omega and friend. I won't tell the others." She takes a big bite of cake to seal her promise.

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Thu May 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Whispers raises an eyebrow, intrigued. "So long as it isn't something that could harm them not to know...I do enjoy a good secret."
She places both arms across the table and leans over, eager to hear whatever it was. "Go ahead Liam, you have my word."

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Thu May 16, 2013 2:38 pm

(Really wanted to have imaginary friend pop in, but then realized its chris 's house. Sad )
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next