Louisville Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Memories

+3
mars_hackworth
Mr Speaks
DerekCase
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Long Memories Empty Long Memories

Post  DerekCase Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Devon, Eli, Carry and the old man, Tide arrive at the watershed.

The old man sits easily on a log, takes a long wooden object from his coat and begins filling the end of it with a grassy substance. His motions are quick and precise, signs of long practice. Then just as simply, he sets it down, pulls dozens of tiny bead-like objects from an inside pocket and places them about him in a nearly perfect circle. With each placement, he hisses a word in an unknown but somehow familiar language. The beads glow softly as they're set. When he's done, he pulls a simple wooden bowl from his pocket, hisses another word in the strange language, and it fills to the brim with rice.

"Come, sit, there are not words in Garou, the King's tongue or any of that of man to express how tired I am of eating rice." After a few bites, he places the bowl on the ground and lights the pipe. "Are any of you interested in a story?'
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Long Memories Empty Re: Long Memories

Post  Mr Speaks Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Eli sits on the ground near him, "of course, we've run out of stories to tell, and the same 10 stories over and over again are getting old."
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Tide takes a deep draw of the pipe, and exhales a long, thing, translucent green smoke that winds it's way around him until becoming very still flowing, hazy circle where he sits. He then reaches out and hands the pipe to Eli.

"Let us wait for more. Would be a shame to waste the telling."
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Eli nods, but does not respond to the pipe, nor does he seem to notice it.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Camille wanders over, munching one of her last energy bars from the trip. Taking in the faces and available sitting, she chooses to sit near the old man whom she had not yet met.
"Nice to meet you, sir. I am Whispers Justly. And I believe Eli is blind, by the way...sir."

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Tide chuffs, "Oh dear, well. Eli, would you kindly partake of this pipe. It's more than ceremony." His arm does not move.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Carry sits down on the ground near the old man, next to Eli, taking time to brush more of the dried mud off of her. When Camille approached, she eyed the newcomer curiously. "I don't believe we have met yet either, Whispers Justly. I'm Carry, or Speaks with Stars, Adren metis Galliard of the Bone Gnawers. When did you arrive here? Also, while Eli may be blind, he can see much more than you would think when he wants to."

Mouse
Nine Toes

https://fortuneslanding.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 pm

Eli smiles at carry, but shakes his head, "had no clue it was there. The smell is killing my nose "

He reaches out and takes the pipe, then draws on it.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 pm

"Well, I never said you were perfect." Carry says with a grin as she carefully takes the pipe from Eli's hands once he is finished. She examines the smoking herb carefully before she hits it, and even take a second to hold it under her nose and smell it. Then, seemingly satisfied, she puts the pipe to her lips and draws in a lungful, letting the smoke billow out as she passes it to the next person.

Mouse
Nine Toes

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Devon sat next to Carry. He laughs at Eli's comment and takes the pipe as it comes to him. He hits it and finds it smooth. He doesn't recognize the smell, but then again, he doesn't smoke. After a deep draw, and exhales. The smoke gathers from Eli, Carry and Devon to meet Tide's feet. He hands it to the new girl, Whispers.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:59 pm

"Hi Carry. Camille, Whispers Justly. I meant no offense, of course, about Eli. Sorry Eli if it seemed that way. Was tryin' to be helpful..." She looks at the pipe in her hand, turns it a couple angles before taking a solid draw and hands it back to the old man. Whispers turns back to the man on her other side, sticking out her hand. "Hello, I don't think I caught your name?"

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:00 am

(Alli enters under Blur of the Milky Eye, sits between Camille and Tides)

Alli takes the pipe, careful not to drop it, and slowly inhales a wisp of smoke coming from the bowl. She smiled, almost a fond look on her face, and takes a slow draw before passing the pipe down the circle. He holds the smoke for a moment before letting it drift from her mouth as she began speaking.

"Allison Davros. Ragabash, Child of Gaia, Claith. Pleased to meet you both."

Last edited by Nox on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:05 am

(Melanie, you're aware you never entered right? You just kind of materialized at the fire smoking)

"You're fine, I'm used to it. You're observant."
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:09 am

Devon smiles up at Whispers and extends his hand, "I'm Devon Carter, Paces-the-Car, Homid, Glasswalker, Ahroun, Adren. You can call me Devon or Paces. When did you get here?"

Last edited by DerekCase on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:18 am

Windy approaching the group nods to his sept mates before extending a hand towards the old man. "Hello, there I am Brian Martin "Pierces the Wind" Fostern Philidox of the Glasswalkers, you can call me Windy."
Happy
Happy

http://www.myspace.com/navaldrummerboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:21 am

Carry grins at Windy's approach, and then is caught rather off guard by the sudden appearance of Allison. "When did you get here?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

Mouse
Nine Toes

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:27 am

"Just earlier today actually. Considering I have a safe place to sleep tonight and likely some good conversation ahead, I'm really pleased to be here." Taking a second to think, Whispers turns to Allison. "Good to meet you, too. And hello again Windy."

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:31 am

The Old man looks up from his seat at Windy, "Why hello there. I'm Stands-against-the-Tide." He says before placing the pipe in Windy's outstretched hand. "We were just getting ready to share a story."
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 am

Windy takes the pipe and draws in deeply and exhales before handing the pipe back. "I'm just in time then, I love a good story."
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:38 am

Alli gives Carry a grin. "Perhaps next time more attention will be paid." She perks up at Windy's mention of stories. "Oh, stories sound fantastic."

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:40 am

Whispers removes her backpack and props it against the log Tide sits on, leaning away just enough to be able to see his face. "I do love story time."

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Gh0st Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:47 am

The sounds of voices drew him in, and he allowed his feet to follow the trail. From what he could pick up, a story was being told, and that interested him greatly. He always sought to collect knowledge, and in stories you learned things that existed nowhere else.

"helLO." He said as he approached.

Gh0st

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:49 am

"Hello Ghost, come join us it's story time." Windy says as he waves to Ghost.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:51 am

A truly massive amount of smoke had gathered in the center of the circle. None of it dissipates; instead, the tendrils of smoke slither and coalesce into a roiling green cloud.

"Hello, young one. Welcome." Tide says, his voice beginning to take on that same powerful bass. "Here, so that we may begin." He passes the pipe around to the new arrival. "Are there any more coming?"
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:53 am

I think now that Ghost is here, that's everyone." Carry replies, watching the tendrils of smoke in front of her curl and change shape.

Mouse
Nine Toes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next